So, here we have yet another long overdue post. Planned as the first in a series of articles that till showcase the many core systems configurations my STO character Adm. John Ableman has acquired through his many assignments in Star Trek Online, here I present to you the Chimera Class Heavy Destroyer: U.S.S. Heart’s Hope, NCC – 93353, in her most basic set-up. This is my primary starship at the moment. I love both the design and the versatility of her capabilities. Her name derives from one of my favorite Orson Scott Card novels, but spelled differently.
The Chimera Heavy Destroyer is similar to an Escort, but has many qualities of Light Cruisers and Science Vessels. While in its innate Regenerative Mode, excess power is transferred to the Auxiliary System and you gain a bonus to Starship Shield Systems. It comes equipped with a prototype Dynamic Tactical System console (or DTS). This console allows you to transform your ship between Regenerative Mode and Tactical Mode. In Regenerative Mode, your Tachyon Inversion Beam is enabled, which can siphon shields from multiple targets. Activating Tactical Mode transfers power to your Weapon Systems, and increases your ships Starship Targeting Systems skill, granting an Accuracy bonus. In Tactical Mode, the DTS console enables a powerful multi-targeting Lotus, which is capable of piercing multiple targets. However, while in Tactical Mode, your Starship Shield Systems bonus, Auxiliary Power bonus and Tachyon Inversion Beam are disabled.
(The Chimera Heavy Destroyer’s design was based off one of the ‘Design the Next Enterprise’ entries, Jason “Vektor” Lee)
- Hull Strength: 34,500
- Shield Modifier: 0.9
- Crew: 750
- Weapons: 4 Fore, 3 Aft
- Device Slots: 3
- Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Commander Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science, 1 Universal Ensign, 1 Universal Lieutenant Commander
- Console Modifications: 4 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 2 Science
- Base Turn Rate: 14 degrees per second
- Impulse Modifier: 0.22
- Can equip Cannons
- Regenerative Mode (Innate): +5 Auxiliary Power, +30 Starship Shield Systems
- Console – Universal – Dynamic Tactical System: Tactical Mode (Disables Regenerative Mode, +5 Weapon power, +30 Starship Targeting Systems), Tachyon Inversion Beam (Requires Regenerative Mode), Phaser Lotus (Requires Tactical Mode)
- Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive