After the success of the Chimera Class Heavy Destroyer prototype, Utopia Plantia shipyard has decided to make further advancements upon the experimental design of the Heavy Destroyer. The result is the Manticore Class Heavy Destroyer.
This starship features a Lieutenant Commander Engineering/Command specialist bridge officer seat.
- Faction: Starfleet
- Required Rank: Vice Admiral
- Availability: 1,000 Day Veteran Reward
- Hull Strength: 39,675 at level 50 and 46,000 at level 60
- Shield Modifier: 0.9
- Crew: 750
- Weapons: 4 Fore, 3 Aft
- Device Slots: 3
- Bridge Officer Stations: Commander Tactical, Lieutenant Commander Engineering/Command, Lieutenant Science, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Ensign Universal
- Console Modifications: 5 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 2 Science
- Base Turn Rate: 14
- Impulse Modifier: 0.22
- Inertia: 80
- +10 Weapon Power, +5 Shield Power
- Can Equip Dual Cannons
- Regenerative Mode (Innate): +5 Auxiliary Power, +30 Starship Shield Systems
- Console – Universal – Enhanced Dynamic Tactical System: Tactical Mode (Disables Regenerative Mode, +5 Weapon power, +30 Starship Targeting Systems), Tachyon Inversion Beam (Requires Regenerative Mode), Phaser Lotus (Requires Tactical Mode)
- Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive
- Starship Mastery Package (Destroyer)
- Precise Weapon Systems
- Enhanced Weapon Banks
- Devastating Weaponry
- Enhanced Weapon Systems
- Weapon System Synergy (Starship Trait)
Console – Universal – Enhanced Dynamic Tactical System
The Heavy Destroyer is similar to an Escort, but has many qualities of Light Cruisers and Science Vessels. While in its innate Regenerative Mode, excess power is transferred to the Auxiliary System and you gain a bonus to Starship Shield Systems. It comes equipped with a prototype Enhanced Dynamic Tactical System console (or EDTS). This console allows you to transform your ship between Regenerative Mode and Tactical Mode.
In Regenerative Mode, your Tachyon Inversion Beam is enabled, which can siphon shields from multiple targets. Activating Tactical Mode transfers power to your Weapon Systems, and increases your ships Starship Targeting Systems skill, granting an Accuracy bonus. In Tactical Mode, the EDTS console enables a powerful multi-targeting lotus, which is capable of piercing multiple targets. However, while in Tactical Mode, your Starship Shield Systems bonus, Auxiliary Power bonus and Tachyon Inversion Beam are disabled.
This console also provides a passive bonus to Critical Severity and Hull Hit Points.
This unique station mod may only be equipped on Heavy Destroyers, but may be equipped in any of their console mod slots.
After reaching level 5 in your Heavy Destroyer’s Starship Mastery, you will unlock the Weapon System Synergy trait. While this trait is slotted, each time a directed energy weapon is activated on your ship, you will shunt a small amount of power to your projectile emitters. This is represented by building up stacks of Weapon System Synergy. Upon reaching 10 stacks, your projectile weapons will become primed and deal additional damage and shield bleedthrough for several seconds. After this expires there is a short lockout window before you can begin building up Weapon System Synergy stacks again.